Info, tips and guides
Happy birthday to us!
It seems like only yesterday, as Karen Carpenter sang, but it’s two years since the launch of Toppy.org.uk, and on the 29th of March, it’ll be two years since the first TF5800s arrived in the UK. In that time, we’ve racked up over 100,000 posts and almost 6,000 members on the forums. There have been countless new TAPs created by visitors to this site, as well as the existing authors around the world, and the TF5800 is available in more places than ever before, including John Lewis and House of Fraser department stores.
You’ll already have seen the makeover that we’ve given to the site, to make it simpler to find the information that you want, but that’s not all we’re doing for our birthday. We also have three TF5800s to give away, thanks to the kind support of the official UK distributor, Turbosat. We’ll be running a series of competitions over the next few weeks.
Win a silver 250Gb Toppy
Our first competition is for a 250Gb silver TF5800. All you have to do is tell us when the Topfield TF5800 PVR first arrived in the UK. You can enter by mobile phone or PayPal – which will help raise money to keep this site going – or free of charge by postcard.
Make sure you read the rules below, and then enter in one of the following ways:
This competition is now closed.
1. The competition closes at midnight UK time on Tuesday
3rd April 2007. Postal entries that have not arrived by the following
morning will be discarded, as will text messages or PayPal payments
that arrive after midnight.
2. You may enter as many times as you wish; if entering by text message or PayPal, you will be charged £1.50 for each entry.
3. Employees of Turbosat and their families are not eligible to enter.
4. For text message entries, we will attempt to contact the winner by texting back to the number that was used to enter the competition.
5. For postal entries, you must supply a contact phone number or email address.
6. For PayPal entries, we will attempt to contact you via the email address on your PayPal transaction.
6. If we are unable to contact the winner within 48 hours, we reserve the right to pick an alternative winner.
7. Your details will not be used for any purposes other than the adminstration of the competition.
The SMS service is operated by Nigel Whitfield, PO Box 7248, London E5 8UL.