As FireBird doesn't seem to have his own web page, here's a collection of links to his various TAPs, PC tools, documents and other useful files.
— Patches —
— TAPs —
- ChannelRemover — automates removing pay (or other) channels
- CPU Load — for monitoring the CPU load on the Toppy (co-author: bdb)
- GMTBug — workaround for a GMT problem on some Toppy firmwares
- HDDInfo — view and edit the SMART and AAM settings of the hard disk
- HDFWv2 — patch and flash firmwares on the Toppy! (Guide)
- KeySound — beeps when a remote button is pressed
- MemWatcher2 — for monitoring system and TAP memory usage
- MPDisplay — for controlling the Masterpiece VFD (co-author: DeadBeef)
- PowerRestore — the (optional) TAP component of the Power Restore [P] patch.
- PremiereDirekt — fixes a problem with the Toppy's handling of Premiere encrypted channels (so only useful for users who can receive these German broadcasts)
- ProfileEditor — customise the appearance of TAPs developed with FireBirdLib's Dialog GUI routines
- RemoteSwitch — for managing different remotes with different Toppy models
- ScreenCapture with OSD — to make screengrabs
- SDS — Shutdown Server
- Shutdown — shuts down the Toppy
- SPDIFKiller — for control over the SPDIF (digital audio) output
- TFHead — reads data from .rec headers and writes it to log files
- WSSKiller — for control over the Wide Screen Signalling, Aspect Ratio and Overscan
— PC Tools —
- FWPatcher — for patching firmwares (with manual)
- TFPCompiler — for creating firmware patches
- TopfHDRW — for repairing and recovering data from a Topfield format hard disk
- VegaPack — for packing/unpacking .tfd and .std files, and uploading/downloading firmwares or settings to/from the Toppy
— Other Stuff —
- FireBirdLib — a large collection of useful routines, with full source code (changelog and manual)
- EmptySettings — a special .tfd file that can be uploaded in the same way as a firmware. It blanks the Toppy's settings which should enable a confused Toppy to start up. A Factory Reset must be performed as soon as control is regained.
- TF5800-5-13-65-NoAutoStart — a special version of the TF5800's 5.13.65 firmware to help with recovering from problems. This firmware will not attempt to load TAPs on startup (so no need to press '0' on booting).
- Topfield Internal Information — documentation on a lot of the Toppy internals
- Topfield Internal Paths